Dear health professional:
Would you like to learn medical Spanish to improve your communication with your Spanish-speaking patients?
MEDICINE IN SPANISH
«No American should suffer from medical errors, avoidable hospitalizations, or poor health care just because they don’t speak English.»
Medical College of Wisconsin (July 19, 2006)
Can you relate to any of this?
- Every day in your work you meet more patients who only speak Spanish.
- You know some words in Spanish and you would like to learn and practice medical terminology.
- You have a beginner level and you want to improve it to be able to use it in a medical setting to feel closer to your patients using words and expressions in their language.
- You would like to be able to have a small conversation with your patients without the help of an interpreter
- But you don’t have time and you don’t know how or where to start
I understand you perfectly, I have been teaching professionals like you for many years.
This course can help you!
Imagine a Spanish course for health professionals, where you will focus on learning only what it is really necessary.
- Lessons based on medical situations from the moment the patients arrive at registration until they check out and leave.
- In each lesson I recreate a real situation, with vocabulary, dialogues, audios, and auto correct exercises.
- Vocabulary and useful expressions to speak with your patients during the medical history and physical examination.
- At your own pace, with mini-lessons to complete at your own rhythm.
- Interactive material with activities designed for you to immediately put what you have learned into practice.
- Support and monitoring for 3 months via email and private chat group.
YOU CAN GET RESULTS WITH JUST 10 MINUTES A DAY
- You don’t need to spend a lot of time each day. It is enough with 10 minutes a day.
- It is easily accessible with an application from your mobile, that you can access any time and anywhere. Every day, during your commute, at lunch, between patients, or while walking the dog, you can open your app on your phone and complete the lesson.
- With small daily doses of 10 minutes you can start communicating with your patients in 3 months. But you can complete it in less or more time. It depends on you. You set the pace.
YES, I WANT TO TAKE THE COURSE
REASONS TO TAKE THIS COURSE WITH ANA GT
I have been teaching Spanish as a second language for more than 20 years, 10 specializing in medical Spanish.
During this time I have learned to connect with my students, I can adapt to their needs and anticipate many of their difficulties.
I am also a medical interpreter and that keeps me up to date not only with the necessary medical terminology but also with the cultural particularities of Spanish-speaking patients.
Daily contact with patients and health providers gives me a lot of information about possible situations and scenarios in which to develop my lessons based on the need to communicate certain aspects during the medical encounter.
My lessons are well structured, because my goal is for you to get the most out of the time you spend studying medical Spanish.
I design and create all my digital materials, complemented by other additional materials such as articles, videos or podcasts.
WHAT MY STUDENTS SAY
Ana is such a dedicated teacher; she invests so much in the learning of her students! Her structured curriculum is fantastic, as it has both foundational concepts (common verbs and vocabulary) and relevant clinical context to apply them. Her teaching is really driven by her desire to improve the quality of care for the Spanish-speaking community, and it comes through in her passion for her work! I have found that this coursework fits exactly with what I need as a beginner interested in having conversational and transitional language skills to start the visit while waiting for an interpreter. Can’t recommend her program more!
YES, I WANT TO TAKE THE COURSE
WHAT WILL YOU GET WITH THIS COURSE?
This course will help you gain confidence and improve your Spanish from a practical approach. You will learn phrases, expressions and terms that will allow you to have an informal conversation with your patient.
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO START TO:
- 👋 Greet and introduce yourself to your patients
- 🩺 Discuss vital signs and reason for visit
- 🏥 Use basic clinic and hospital vocabulary
- 😣 Ask about pain and other symptoms
- 🦿 Learn basic anatomy in Spanish
- ❓ Ask some Medical History questions
- 👉 Use commands during the physical exam
- 🧑🏼⚕️ Explain in Spanish what you are about to do
- Learn words for diagnosis, tests and treatment
- 👍 Say goodbye to your patient and ask for a follow-up appointment
ALL FOR: $90
Online learning platform to access the lessons.
Mobile app so you can learn and practice on the go and with easy accessibility.
45 online lessons (9 chapters) to follow at your own pace, progressively.
2 Bonus lessons (Folk Illnessses in some latino communities and How to work with an interpreter)
Easy self-correcting interactive exercises.
Support for 3 months via email.
YES, I WANT TO TAKE THE COURSE
What happens if I don't like it or I don't want/can't continue with the course?
I’m so sure you’re going to like it, that if after the first week of class you decide it’s not what you expected, I’ll give you your money back. You just have to complete the first lesson and send me the exercises so I can see that you have tried.
How do I access the lessons?
When you enroll, you will receive a welcome email explaining how to access the platform and download the mobile app. There you will find an introduction video where I explain how the course will work.
Do I have to complete the course in three months?
No. Three months is the time you will need if you invest 10-15 minutes every day. But depending on your free time you can do it faster or slower. I offer you support and Q&A sessions for 3 months.
Do I have support from a tutor?
Yes, I myself will be checking on you all the time. For three months, from the start of the course you can contact me by email or a private chat group and I will answer as soon as possible during normal office hours.